Times of Operation
We will usually operate on Wednesday and Thursday. We may additionally operate on other days during periods of higher demand.
Livestock should arrive between 7:30 and 7.45 am unless other arrangements have been made. Please do not arrive before 730am as staff will be busy setting up equipment.
Book your livestock well in advance in order to receive your optimal date for processing. For poultry it is a good idea to request dates when you order your chicks.
Pickup and Payment
- The abattoir will advise you when your meat is ready for pickup. Payment is preferred by cheque
- Boxes costing $3 each can be provided for chickens or you may supply your own.
- It is the grower’s responsibility to maintain safe meat temperatures on the way home. Coolers are recommended.
- Your cages may be picked up in the late afternoon on the day of processing.
- Poultry cages are available for rent from the abattoir, contact us for more details.
- Poulty cages rental is $6 each including cleaning.